Wednesday, August 26 2015
Contributor: Leye Olayiwola
Last week, we considered the topic “Call in Your Harvest”. We were reminded that the responsibility of harvest is ours. In the words of Apostle Paul, “I planted, Apollos watered, but God [all the while] was making it grow and [He] gave the increase.” This also reiterates that planting is our responsibility. The growth part belongs to God. Mark 4:26-29 sums up the whole concept of planting, growth and harvesting. We were also reminded about the importance of our mouth in calling in our harvest. In today’s study, we shall be looking at God’s plan for us to flourish and the long overdue supernatural wealth transfer that those of us in the household of God have been positioned to enjoy in Jesus name, Amen.
A. Flourishing In The Household of Faith
“The world is in serious trouble. But for the household of faith and those who will cling to God’s word and listen very carefully, and do this thing that I have demonstrated before you tonight, and night after night after night……..Stand on my word and it’ll not come nigh you. Praise and worship My Name. Don’t feed and feed fear and feed trouble into your life and into your mouth. Feed on My Word, not on the bread of sorrow. In church, praise and worship and preach the Word. Everything is going to be alright” [Excerpt from the Word from the Lord through Brother Copeland in August 6, 2010]
“And God blessed them and said to them, Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it [using all its vast resources in the service of God and man]; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and over every living creature that moves upon the earth.” [Genesis 1:28 AMP]
It is God’s desire; As a matter of fact, He’s always programmed into the “design specification” of Man, the power and ability to flourish. We will look at scriptural confirmations to support this truth.
1. “The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; to show that the Lord is upright: He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.” [Psalm 92:12-15]
To flourish means;
• To Flower, blossom, bloom, breakthrough, spread out.
• Enter into a state of prosperity.
• Increase in wealth, favour and honour.
• Grow vigorously and exuberantly, enlarge and expand.
• Become extremely successful.
2. “The house of the wicked shall be overthrown; but the tabernacle of the upright shall flourish” [Proverbs 14:11]
3. “I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.” [Psalm 52:8] – The word green signifies flourishing.
“Wealth and riches shall be in his (the righteous) house: and his righteousness endureth forever.” [Psalm 112:3]
4. “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, and whose hope is the LORD. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.” [Jeremiah 17:7-8]
• “….her leaf shall be green” – means prospering, thriving, flourishing.
• NLT Translation: “…Their leaves stay green [and flourishing], and they never stop producing fruit.”
• MSG Translation: “….They are like trees replanted in Eden, putting down roots near the rivers – never worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season.”
5. “He brought me to the banqueting house, And his banner over me was love. [SoS 2:4]
“He who trusts in his riches will fall, But the righteous will flourish like foliage [branch]. [Prov. 11:28]
B. Supernatural Wealth Transfer
“Financial inversion (reverse in position) shall increase in these days. For you see, it is My (The Lord’s) desire to move in the realm of your financial prosperity. But release Me, saith the Lord, release Me that I may come in your behalf and move on your behalf….The economy shall go and it will go down [current situation in China worth mentioning]; but those who learn to walk in the Word, they shall see the prosperity of the Word come forth in this hour in a way that has not been seen by men in days past.
Yes, there’s coming a financial inversion in the world’s system. It’s been held in reservoirs of wicked men for days on end. But the end is nigh. Those reservoirs shall be tapped and drained into the gospel of Jesus Christ. It shall be done in the time allotted and so shall it be that the Word of the Lord shall come to pass that the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just. This shall be done predominantly in two ways. Firstly through the conversion, into God’s Kingdom, of those who have hoarded up and stored up wealth because of the inspiration of the evil one. Secondly, the Word of the Lord shall rise within men of God of low esteem in the financial world, who shall work in the light of the Word and give. Their giving will increase, and through the hundredfold return, the reservoirs that have held riches in days past shall return to the hands of the giver. This is how the reservoirs shall be lost from the wicked and turned to the gospel. [Excerpt from the Word from the Lord through Charles Capps, in February 1, 1978]
We will consider some scriptural truths in line with this prophesy.
1. “But the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.” [Proverbs 13:22b]
AMP Version: “…..the wealth of the sinner [finds its way eventually] into the hands of the righteous, for whom it was laid up.”
2. “Though he heaps up silver like dust and clothes like piles of clay, what he lays up the righteous will wear, and the innocent will divide his silver. [Job 27:16-17 NIV]
NLT Version: “16 Evil people may have piles of money and may store away mounds of clothing. 17 But the righteous will wear that clothing, and the innocent will divide that money.” 19The wicked go to bed rich but wake to find that all their wealth is gone. “Do not envy the wicked, do not desire their company” [Proverbs 24:1]
3. “To the person who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God…...” NLT Version: “…if a sinner becomes wealthy, God takes the wealth away and gives it to those who please Him.”
4. “He brought [Israel] forth also with silver and gold, and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.” [Psalm 105:37 AMP]
[a] Feeble (in Hebrew) means there was not one pauper among their tribes
[b] Pauper – An extremely poor person; A person without any means of support; A destitute person who depends on aid from public welfare funds or charity.
[c] Tehillim Commentary:
• Rabbi Eliezer the Great taught that the lowliest among the children of Israel brought ninety (90) donkeys laden with silver and gold when he left Egypt.
• The pauper is a man who has become impoverished and stumbled from his original financial level, No Jew who left Egypt could be described as a pauper because all were enriched by the possessions of their oppressors.
• Ibn Yachya and Sforno describe the pauper as a man whose health has deteriorated to the point that he stumbles unless he uses a cane. When the Jews left Egypt, a miracle occurred – not a single person among them was sick or debilitated.
5. “And He brought forth His people with joy, and His chosen ones with gladness and singing,” [Psalm 105:43 AMP]
[a] Tehillim Commentary:
• God did not merely load their saddlebags with material wealth, He also filled their hearts with spiritual wealth.
• The redeemed ones reaped a rich 3harvest of faith, the outgrowth of the wonders they beheld. This filled their hearts with mirth and their mouths with song.
There is no doubt that it is God’s eternal plan for us to walk in absolute wealth for the main purpose of propagating His Kingdom. This wealth is already here even though some are in the hands of the wicked. But the time has come for the supernatural transfer to take place. We pray that every one of us in the household of God will be appropriately positioned to receive this wealth in Jesus name. This we will do through feeding on God’s Words, embracing His promises and acting on them by faith. Also through praising and worshipping Him in the beauty of His Holiness. “Say to the righteous that it shall be well with them, for they shall eat the fruit of their deeds.” [Isaiah 3:10].
Most parts of this outline are culled from the Book “40 DAYS OF PROSPERITY” by Pastor George Pearsons
Wednesday, August 19 2015
Contributor: Alex Alajiki
Last week, we considered how to make deposits and withdrawals from our heavenly accounts. Phil.4:14-19 gave us insight into how the Philippian Church consciously made deposits into their heavenly account. We saw the various ways of making deposits into these accounts.
This week, we are progressing into the understanding of how to call in our harvest after sowing or making deposits into our heavenly accounts.
1) Harvesting Is Our Responsibility; Ecc. 3:1-2 (NLT), Prov.10:5
“For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest.”
“He that gathers in summer is a wise son: but he that sleeps in harvest is a son that causes shame.”
Any farmer that will put in the work to sow and will not bother to bring in the harvest will be considered a fool, so also, everyone that sows and never believe nor demand for harvest.
Believers are deceived in their thinking that they can just wait on God to bring in their harvest. Some are disillusioned and aggravated with God. Don’t think reaping is automatic. Don’t think once you put the money in, it’s all up to Him. You just sit back and relax and think it’s all going to just come on you. That is ignorance and confusion. We can’t sleep through our harvest or allow our harvest to stand in the field.
In Mark 4:26-29, the man did the sowing, God gave the increase and the man did the reaping.
2) How to Reap Your Harvest; Heb.11:6
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
A preacher was struggling financially. Physically, he was well and strong. He had powerful demonstrations of the spirit. The ministry was growing. The only area of trouble he had was in the financial realm. He took time to fast and pray, seeking the Lord to find out why. The Lord told him that he was not in faith where his finances were concerned. He told him that he had to receive his finances the same way he received his healing—by faith.
We must use our faith to call and bring in our harvest. The mouth is a powerful instrument of harvest. Mouth harvest whatever they speak. Our words of faith bring in the harvest.
We must expectantly command the angels to go bring in our harvest. Hebrews 1:14: “Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?”
The reapers are the angels. Matt.13:39 “ ….and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.”
3) Not Subject to this world; John 17:14-17
“I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.”
We are not subject to, nor do we live under, the dominion, rule, control or influence of whichever way the economy and the world’s system are going at the moment. Our times are subject to the authority of the Word, the blood and the Name of Jesus spoken and acted upon by the believer. The times are subject to us. We are subject to and governed by another economy and another system—the kingdom of God.
We are to thrive, not just survive.
a. Survive—barely get by, merely exist
b. Thrive—flourish, succeed, advance, prosper
1 John 5:18 “ We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them.”
We thrive and prosper in tough times. We are not subject to the economy of this world. We are to flourish in spite of what is happening around us in the world. We are untouched and unaffected.
Conclusion (Jer. 17:5-8)
The cursed man trusts himself, his heart is not toward God. The result: no fruit, no hope, no future The blessed man trusts God with his whole heart. The result: thriving tree, roots deep, no fear, produces fruit 5. Verse 8 (MSG): “They’re like trees replanted in Eden, putting down roots near the rivers—never a worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season.”
Most parts of this outline are culled from “40 DAYS OF PROSPERITY” by Pastor George Pearsons
Friday, August 14 2015
Contributor: Akin Akande
Last week, we considered how God is able to supernaturally provide as well as cancel debts, whenever He wishes to do so. We saw that God can not be limited in supplying for what we truly need and He is more than able to cancel any debt by providing the finances, removing the debt or moving upon the heart of others.
This week, we will look at the “bank” of heaven, how one makes deposits and withdrawing from the account.
“Bank” of heaven
Simply put, a bank is a supply of something (mostly money) held in reserve or an establishment for the custody, loan, exchange, or issue of money, for the extension of credit, and for facilitating the transmission of funds. There are therefore banks here on earth and nothing is wrong in having them. We must not only trust in them! In the bible there are “banks” (See 2 Chro. 31:11, John 12:6).
Similarly, there are “bank” accounts in heaven too (See Matt. 6:19-21, Luke 12:33). Unfortunately many do not know that they have such accounts. One church that walked in the reality of such account is the church at Philippi (Phil. 4:14-19 – Read verses 15 and 17 in different versions).
Just as we make deposits into our accounts here on earth, we must make deposits to our heavenly bank accounts. In Matt. 6:19-21, “Lay up” means to make deposits. One makes deposits by doing the following
• Tithing – Mal. 3:10
• Investing in the gospel – Mark 10:29-30
• Giving to the poor – Pro. 19:17, Matt. 19:21
• Giving as praise to God – 1 Chro. 16:29
Again, since there is an account and one makes deposits into them it must also be possible to make withdrawals 1 Tim 6:17-19
Kenneth and Gloria Copeland story: They started up with lots of difficulties in their finances. After hearing messages about faith from Kenneth Hagin, they took practical proactive steps; listed all they owed, what they needed, prayed, fasted, etc. They agreed together according to Romans 13:8 that they would never borrow another dime. They committed to God that they would pay back everyone they owed. They continued to make deposits into their heavenly account by faithfully tithing and sowing seed.
They released their faith and made a withdrawal from their heavenly bank account.
This process took time, effort, prayer, focus and diligence. They saturated themselves with God’s Word and cut off every voice of the world – no TV or newspapers – just the Word of God.
Praise God – twelve months from that day, every debt was paid in full and every need was completely met.
Seven-Point Bank of Heaven Withdrawal
1. Decide on the amount you need (James 1:5-8).
a. Be exact and single-minded.
b. Write it down.
c. List your needs, debts and desires.
2. Get in agreement with people of like faith (Matthew 18:19-20).
3. Claim what you need by faith (Mark 11:23-24).
4. Bind the devil and his forces (Matthew 18:18). Say something like “Satan, take your hands off my money!”
5. “Loose” (I will say “speak to”) the angels to go get it (Hebrews 1:4).
For example declare “Ministering spirits – go get my money!”
6. Continually praise God for it (Psalm 34:1).
7. Avoid strife and unforgiveness (James 3:16; Mark 11:25-26).
Understanding that we have “bank” accounts in heaven is the first step in order to make withdrawals. Most importantly, we must consciously make deposits into the accounts before withdrawals are made. Take practical steps to deposit into your heavenly accounts and release your faith to withdraw from them.
Most parts of this outline are culled from “40 DAYS OF PROSPERITY” by Pastor George Pearsons
Sample Prayer of Agreement
“Father, in the Name of Jesus, we make a withdrawal of €_______ from our heavenly bank account. We have this money in our account and we are withdrawing this amount now. We believe we receive €_______. As in Mark 11:23-24, we believe it in our hearts and confess now that it is ours in the Name of Jesus. We agree that we have this amount according to Matthew 18:19. From this day forward, we roll the care of this over on to You and thank You for it. Satan, we take authority over you; we bind your operation now and render you helpless. Ministering spirits, we charge you to go forth and cause this amount to come to us according to Hebrews 1:14. Father, we praise Your Name for meeting our needs according to Your riches in glory by Christ Jesus, and for multiplying our seed for sowing, in the Name of Jesus.”
Wednesday, August 05 2015
Contributor: Isekhua Evborokhai
Last week we treated “walking in the fullness of the blessing”. We learnt that by virtue of our redemption through Christ Jesus, we have access to the Blessing by faith; and that the Blessing makes us rich (with money) and our attitudes to money must be different from those of the unbelievers. Money is our servant and not the other way round. God doesn’t want us to be limited by our current financial circumstances but to walk in the fullness of the blessing. Today we will consider one of the ways God chooses to make us walk in the fullness of the blessings - Supernatural Provision & Supernatural Debt Cancellation.
I. SUPERNATURAL PROVISION
A supernatural occurrence is a manifestation or event that is attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature. It is an unusual, unlimited, accelerated supply from heaven superseding the realm of impossibility and foreign to natural man’s thinking. In simpler terms, it is God’s involvement in the physical world! God has supernatural ways to fully supply every need in the face of lack, shortage and a bad economy.
(a) Biblical Examples of Supernatural Provision
• The sacrificial ram for Abraham in place of Isaac. (Gen. 22:6-14)
• The ravens bringing food and drink to Elijah. (1 Kings 17:1-6)
• One-year supply of food for the widow and Elijah in the midst of a famine. (1 Kings 17:8-16)
• Multiplication of oil for a prophet’s widow. (2 Kings 4:1-7)
• Jesus turning water into wine. (John 2:1-11)
• Jesus multiplying the fish and loaves and feeds 20,000. (John 6:5-14)
These instances are not limited to the Bible only. A 15-year-old was so impressed with Elijah’s story that he decided to try it. He asked the Lord for $10 for missions. He went out, spoke to the birds and commanded them to put it in a tree in the backyard. The first day he discovered 65 cents, the second day $2.35, and the third day $7. Over the next two months, he found a total of $440 in the tree! And there will be many more other experiences out there today.
(b) What We Must Do to Experience Supernatural Provision
• We must feed on the Word of God and renew our minds. (Romans 12:2)
• We must take our eyes off your financial problems and focus on God. (Heb. 12:2)
• We must remove the spirit of fear, worry and unbelief from our hearts and mind. (Phil.4:6)
• We must picture God supernaturally supplying our needs enlarging our capacity for supernatural provision. (Phil.4:19)
• We must stop depending upon ourselves and rely on God as our source of total supply. (Prov.3:5)
• We must not hold from God our tithes and offerings; we must continue giving liberally, expecting God to multiply it back into our lives. (Mal 3:8)
• We must walk in and exercise our faith. We must realign our thinking and walk in obedience to God. (Phil 4:13)
• Ask in God for it in faith without doubting Him (Habakkuk 2:4; Heb. 11:6).
(c) Faith-Building Scriptures for Supernatural Provision
Galatians 3:14 says that we have access to the blessing by faith. Without belabouring the point; faith is therefore a huge necessity; most especially when it comes to supernatural provision. Let us consider a few scriptures that will help build our faith for the supernatural.
• James 1:17: “Every good gift and every perfect gift [AMP—free, large, full] is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.”
• Ephesians 3:20-21 (AMP): “Now to Him who, by the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes or dreams]—to Him be glory in the church....”
• Philippians 4:19 (AMP): “My God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
• Psalm 68:19: “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.”
• Isaiah 55:1: “Every one that thirsteth, come to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.”
II. SUPERNATURAL DEBT CANCELLATION
God is Omnipotent; He has unlimited authority and power. So He can do anything if He so chooses. If He can blot out every handwriting against us, He sure as well can blot out any financial debts we owe!
(a) Three Ways God Supernaturally Removes Debt - Luke 4:14-21
i. He Provides the Finances
As we see in 2 Kings 4:1-7 (NLT): “…Sell the olive oil and pay your debts, and you and your sons can live on what is left over.” And Luke 5:1-11: Simon Peter’s fishing business avoided bankruptcy after Jesus told him where to drop the nets. Also see Matthew 17:24-27: Taxes were paid from money in a fish’s mouth.
ii. He Removes the Debt
• Nehemiah cancelled the debts of the poor Jews. (Nehemiah 5:1-13)
• The king forgave his servant of the 10,000 talents. (Matthew 18:23-27). But it’s important to note (Matthew 6:12) “Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.”
• Jesus “cancelled and blotted out and wiped away the handwriting of the note…with its legal decrees and demands. He set it aside and cleared it completely out of our way by nailing it to [His] cross.” (Colossians 2:13-14 (AMP))
• He reduces the debt. (Luke 16:1-7)
iii. He Moves Upon Others
Philemon 18-19 (AMP): “If he has done you any wrong in any way, or owes anything [to you], charge that to my account. I, Paul, write it with my own hand—I promise to pay it in full….”
Luke 10:30-37: “The Samaritan took out two pence and gave them to the owner of the inn and said to him, “Take care of him. Whatever else you have to spend, I will pay it back in full when I return.” God is the One who moves upon a person—not you.
Once again, these instances are not limited to the Bible only. (Share testimony)
(b) Principles for Supernatural debt cancellation
God has given us the power to overcome debt through the supernatural laws of debt release. Practical, natural wisdom can assist in debt freedom; however, Christians have an anointing advantage to get out of debt supernaturally.
(i.) Announce your deliverance from debt (Luke 4:18). Everything in the Kingdom of God starts with a decree. Declaring what God has said will release the anointing of God to destroy the power of debt.
(ii.) Bind the "strong man" (Matthew 12:28, 29). There is a demonic spirit behind debt. Binding the spirit behind debt gets to the root of the matter, which is spiritual. You can't stop debt if the spirit behind debt is still allowed to work. So take authority, and in the name of Jesus declare war on the spirit of debt.
(iii.) Apply violent faith (Matthew 11:12). Violent faith is faith that is consistent and working all the time. Meditate on the Word, and confess it every day, regardless of the attack and opposition. When force is exerted, the intensity of that force will cause victory. The more intense you are in your faith, the quicker you'll see results. Real freedom from anything requires violent faith, because the devil will not give you anything. Use the Word of God to speak to your debt, and take what belongs to you. Declare what you want as though you already have it.
(iv.) Don’t dwell on past debts. (Philippians 3:13, 14). Focusing on the past causes one to lose momentum. Past debts will cause depression and self-doubt. Stop remembering old things; God will do a new thing if you let go of the past (Isaiah 43:18, 19).
God doesn’t want us to be limited by our current financial circumstances but to walk in the fullness of the blessing. He is Jehovah El-Shaddai – the All Mighty One! This means He’s able to do anything He wants which includes supernatural provision and supernatural debt cancellation for us if we can truly take Him by His words!