Contributor: Isekhua Evborokhai
Last week we treated “walking in the fullness of the blessing”. We learnt that by virtue of our redemption through Christ Jesus, we have access to the Blessing by faith; and that the Blessing makes us rich (with money) and our attitudes to money must be different from those of the unbelievers. Money is our servant and not the other way round. God doesn’t want us to be limited by our current financial circumstances but to walk in the fullness of the blessing. Today we will consider one of the ways God chooses to make us walk in the fullness of the blessings - Supernatural Provision & Supernatural Debt Cancellation.
I. SUPERNATURAL PROVISION
A supernatural occurrence is a manifestation or event that is attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature. It is an unusual, unlimited, accelerated supply from heaven superseding the realm of impossibility and foreign to natural man’s thinking. In simpler terms, it is God’s involvement in the physical world! God has supernatural ways to fully supply every need in the face of lack, shortage and a bad economy.
(a) Biblical Examples of Supernatural Provision
• The sacrificial ram for Abraham in place of Isaac. (Gen. 22:6-14)
• The ravens bringing food and drink to Elijah. (1 Kings 17:1-6)
• One-year supply of food for the widow and Elijah in the midst of a famine. (1 Kings 17:8-16)
• Multiplication of oil for a prophet’s widow. (2 Kings 4:1-7)
• Jesus turning water into wine. (John 2:1-11)
• Jesus multiplying the fish and loaves and feeds 20,000. (John 6:5-14)
These instances are not limited to the Bible only. A 15-year-old was so impressed with Elijah’s story that he decided to try it. He asked the Lord for $10 for missions. He went out, spoke to the birds and commanded them to put it in a tree in the backyard. The first day he discovered 65 cents, the second day $2.35, and the third day $7. Over the next two months, he found a total of $440 in the tree! And there will be many more other experiences out there today.
(b) What We Must Do to Experience Supernatural Provision
• We must feed on the Word of God and renew our minds. (Romans 12:2)
• We must take our eyes off your financial problems and focus on God. (Heb. 12:2)
• We must remove the spirit of fear, worry and unbelief from our hearts and mind. (Phil.4:6)
• We must picture God supernaturally supplying our needs enlarging our capacity for supernatural provision. (Phil.4:19)
• We must stop depending upon ourselves and rely on God as our source of total supply. (Prov.3:5)
• We must not hold from God our tithes and offerings; we must continue giving liberally, expecting God to multiply it back into our lives. (Mal 3:8)
• We must walk in and exercise our faith. We must realign our thinking and walk in obedience to God. (Phil 4:13)
• Ask in God for it in faith without doubting Him (Habakkuk 2:4; Heb. 11:6).
(c) Faith-Building Scriptures for Supernatural Provision
Galatians 3:14 says that we have access to the blessing by faith. Without belabouring the point; faith is therefore a huge necessity; most especially when it comes to supernatural provision. Let us consider a few scriptures that will help build our faith for the supernatural.
• James 1:17: “Every good gift and every perfect gift [AMP—free, large, full] is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.”
• Ephesians 3:20-21 (AMP): “Now to Him who, by the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes or dreams]—to Him be glory in the church....”
• Philippians 4:19 (AMP): “My God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
• Psalm 68:19: “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.”
• Isaiah 55:1: “Every one that thirsteth, come to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.”
II. SUPERNATURAL DEBT CANCELLATION
God is Omnipotent; He has unlimited authority and power. So He can do anything if He so chooses. If He can blot out every handwriting against us, He sure as well can blot out any financial debts we owe!
(a) Three Ways God Supernaturally Removes Debt - Luke 4:14-21
i. He Provides the Finances
As we see in 2 Kings 4:1-7 (NLT): “…Sell the olive oil and pay your debts, and you and your sons can live on what is left over.” And Luke 5:1-11: Simon Peter’s fishing business avoided bankruptcy after Jesus told him where to drop the nets. Also see Matthew 17:24-27: Taxes were paid from money in a fish’s mouth.
ii. He Removes the Debt
• Nehemiah cancelled the debts of the poor Jews. (Nehemiah 5:1-13)
• The king forgave his servant of the 10,000 talents. (Matthew 18:23-27). But it’s important to note (Matthew 6:12) “Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.”
• Jesus “cancelled and blotted out and wiped away the handwriting of the note…with its legal decrees and demands. He set it aside and cleared it completely out of our way by nailing it to [His] cross.” (Colossians 2:13-14 (AMP))
• He reduces the debt. (Luke 16:1-7)
iii. He Moves Upon Others
Philemon 18-19 (AMP): “If he has done you any wrong in any way, or owes anything [to you], charge that to my account. I, Paul, write it with my own hand—I promise to pay it in full….”
Luke 10:30-37: “The Samaritan took out two pence and gave them to the owner of the inn and said to him, “Take care of him. Whatever else you have to spend, I will pay it back in full when I return.” God is the One who moves upon a person—not you.
Once again, these instances are not limited to the Bible only. (Share testimony)
(b) Principles for Supernatural debt cancellation
God has given us the power to overcome debt through the supernatural laws of debt release. Practical, natural wisdom can assist in debt freedom; however, Christians have an anointing advantage to get out of debt supernaturally.
(i.) Announce your deliverance from debt (Luke 4:18). Everything in the Kingdom of God starts with a decree. Declaring what God has said will release the anointing of God to destroy the power of debt.
(ii.) Bind the "strong man" (Matthew 12:28, 29). There is a demonic spirit behind debt. Binding the spirit behind debt gets to the root of the matter, which is spiritual. You can't stop debt if the spirit behind debt is still allowed to work. So take authority, and in the name of Jesus declare war on the spirit of debt.
(iii.) Apply violent faith (Matthew 11:12). Violent faith is faith that is consistent and working all the time. Meditate on the Word, and confess it every day, regardless of the attack and opposition. When force is exerted, the intensity of that force will cause victory. The more intense you are in your faith, the quicker you'll see results. Real freedom from anything requires violent faith, because the devil will not give you anything. Use the Word of God to speak to your debt, and take what belongs to you. Declare what you want as though you already have it.
(iv.) Don’t dwell on past debts. (Philippians 3:13, 14). Focusing on the past causes one to lose momentum. Past debts will cause depression and self-doubt. Stop remembering old things; God will do a new thing if you let go of the past (Isaiah 43:18, 19).
God doesn’t want us to be limited by our current financial circumstances but to walk in the fullness of the blessing. He is Jehovah El-Shaddai – the All Mighty One! This means He’s able to do anything He wants which includes supernatural provision and supernatural debt cancellation for us if we can truly take Him by His words!