- February 2023 (1)
- January 2023 (4)
- December 2022 (1)
- November 2022 (4)
- October 2022 (4)
- September 2022 (2)
- August 2022 (3)
- July 2022 (4)
- June 2022 (5)
- May 2022 (5)
- April 2022 (3)
- March 2022 (4)
- February 2022 (4)
- January 2022 (3)
- December 2021 (1)
- November 2021 (4)
- October 2021 (4)
- September 2021 (3)
- August 2021 (3)
- July 2021 (3)
- June 2021 (5)
- May 2021 (3)
- April 2021 (4)
- March 2021 (5)
- February 2021 (4)
- January 2021 (3)
- December 2020 (3)
- November 2020 (3)
- October 2020 (4)
- September 2020 (4)
- August 2020 (4)
- July 2020 (4)
- June 2020 (2)
- May 2020 (4)
- March 2020 (3)
- February 2020 (4)
- January 2020 (4)
- December 2019 (2)
- November 2019 (2)
- October 2019 (2)
- September 2019 (3)
- August 2019 (4)
- July 2019 (5)
- June 2019 (3)
- May 2019 (6)
- April 2019 (3)
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (4)
- January 2019 (4)
- December 2018 (1)
- November 2018 (3)
- October 2018 (4)
- September 2018 (2)
- August 2018 (3)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (4)
- May 2018 (5)
- April 2018 (4)
- March 2018 (4)
- February 2018 (2)
- January 2018 (3)
- December 2017 (5)
- November 2017 (2)
- October 2017 (5)
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (5)
- July 2017 (4)
- June 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (4)
- April 2017 (5)
- March 2017 (4)
- February 2017 (5)
- December 2016 (1)
- November 2016 (5)
- October 2016 (2)
- September 2016 (3)
- August 2016 (3)
- July 2016 (2)
- June 2016 (2)
- May 2016 (5)
- April 2016 (3)
- March 2016 (4)
- February 2016 (2)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (1)
- November 2015 (4)
- October 2015 (1)
- September 2015 (3)
- August 2015 (4)
- July 2015 (4)
- June 2015 (3)
- May 2015 (4)
- April 2015 (4)
- March 2015 (5)
- January 2015 (5)
- November 2014 (1)
- October 2014 (1)
- September 2014 (5)
- August 2014 (1)
- July 2014 (8)
- April 2014 (5)
- March 2014 (2)
- October 2013 (5)
- August 2013 (3)
- July 2013 (10)
- March 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (4)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (4)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (3)
- June 2012 (5)
- May 2012 (2)
- April 2012 (6)
- March 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (2)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (45)
- BELIEVER'S AUTHORITY (35)
- BIBLICAL PROSPERITY-a Balanced Approach (36)
- BOOK OF ACTS OF THE APOSTLE (45)
- BOOK OF HEBREWS (41)
- BOOK OF REVELATION (35)
- FAITH (23)
- FIRST AND SECOND CORINTHIANS (45)
- FOLLOWING GOD'S PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE (42)
- HOLY SPIRIT (22)
- IN-DEPTH STUDY OF EPHESIANS (19)
- IN-DEPTH STUDY OF THE BOOK OF GALATIANS (21)
- IN DEPTH STUDY OF THE BOOK OF ROMANS (38)
- PROSPERITY (18)
- PROVERBS CHALLENGE (5)
- THE GREAT SHEPHERD (20)
Wednesday, August 31 2022
Contributor: Alex Kokobili
The previous discussion in the series focused on wasted years (Joshua 5:6) dwelling on Israel’s derailment from God’s plan as they journeyed forty years in the wilderness instead of forty days on their way to the Promised Land. Wasted years and time on the pathway of destiny can only be recovered by the grace and mercy of God. For instance, the end of the life of Solomon regarded as the wealthiest and wisest king of Israel was with deep caution when he referred to life as “vanity upon vanity” (Ecclesiastes chapters 1 and 2). Solomon wasted years pleasing his numerous wives and concubines who derailed his heart from the God of His father David.
Being with God entails a relationship of fellowship and not necessarily a material achievement but He fills our lives with His goodness and true richness”
Who are Those Likely to be Unfulfilled or Derailed from God’s Plan?
"The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind drives away.5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish."
2. Christians That Compromise and Toy with Sin: This category is those who know God’s plans or have even experienced them before, but the desires of this world have adulterated their experience of God’s goodness. – Mathew 13:1-8 “The Parable of the Sower” reminds us about how the cares of the world derail us from the plan of God for our lives.
Implications of Being Outside God’s Plan
2. The Young Prophet. 1 Kings 13: 1-33, Tells us about the story of the young prophet who derailed from God’s plan based on the advice of the old prophet that caused his death).
3. Gehazi. The story of Gehazi in (2 Kings 2: 26-27) also tells us how he missed God’s plan for him to succeed Elisha as the national prophet of Israel but died unfulfilled as a leper. Nonalignment with God’s plans could be very costly; it leaves us exposed to Grievous Mistakes. Some people have even died in that process or caused havoc to themselves or loved ones.
4. The Israelites: Haggai 1:5–6 Tells us of God’s pronouncement “Now, therefore, thus says the LORD of hosts: Consider your ways. You have sown much, and harvested little. You eat, but you never have enough; you drink, but you never have your fill. You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm. And he who earns wages does so to put them into a bag with holes.”
5. The Compromising Believer (Ungodly) Psalm 1:4 tells us that the ungodly will be blown away like chaff which the wind drives away. Are you living a life of secrecy, always doing things yourself without revelation, godly counsel, or wisdom because you are ashamed of being called a religious fanatic? You will end up unfulfilled at some point in life because you have limited the grace of God to depend on your self-effort and ultimately the Unfulfilment of Destiny
Aligning with God’s Plan for Fulfilment of Life
2. Harmonizing our life with God’s Will: Once you know your place as a Son of God then you can easily harmonize with His plans for your life and be full of His blessing
"My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. “Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children."
The case study of David, King of Israel shows he inquired of the Lord concerning the Amalekites (2 Samuel 5: 23). Ask God about His plans for your life as often as possible. Don’t impose your will against His desires for you. God is not wicked to cast us away! Commit your way unto the Lord and He shall direct your path (Psalm 37: 5).
3. Cautiousness about the Plan of the Devil: Do not be deceived! The devil also has plans he expects to implement at any possible opportunity. Please don’t be his victim. (John 10: 10 The thief came to steal, kill, and destroy but I have come that you may have life and have it in abundance), also, (1 Peter 5: 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour). You cannot use the spoon of the devil to eat lunch at the Lord’s supper, we have to realize that a derailment from God’s plan gives the devil a leeway to express his plans in a person’s life.
Wednesday, August 24 2022
Contributor: Ngozi Roberts
INTRODUCTION - Being out of Gods plan
Wasted Years – (time)
2 Kings 20:1 - “Thus says the LORD: ‘Set your house in order, for you shall die, and not live.’ ”
God was not happy the way he was bringing ups his household and God promised him death! But for the Mercy of God! Yes, that was what found Hezekiah. Lets read further, Verse 2-3
"2 Then he turned his face toward the wall, and prayed to the LORD, saying, 3 “Remember now, O LORD, I pray, how I have walked before You in truth and with a loyal heart, and have done what was good in Your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly. 4 And it happened, before Isaiah had gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying, 5 “Return and tell Hezekiah the leader of My people, ‘Thus says the LORD, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the LORD. 6 And I will add to your days fifteen years. I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for My own sake, and for the sake of My servant David.” ’
We see, how mercy found Hezekiah, he cried and repented and God forgave him, healed him, and added more years! God restored the wasted years. So it is still within the power of God to restore wasted years. So today we are not only going to talk about the wasted years, we are also going to talk about how the wasted years can be restored.
What does wasted years mean?
Proverb 22:6- Train up a child in the way he should go,[a]And when he is old he will not depart from it.
Psalm 144:12 That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; That our daughters may be as pillars, Sculptured in palace style
• Wasted years in a job/career -Wasted years studying a course that we never used. I tell you this one, most of us adults in the house are culprits of this one. That is why we now train youth coordinators, parents and guardians, in our career counselling course how to counsel and guide their wards early in life so that they do not end up wasting years in the wrong path of life or career.
• Wasted years living others agendas and never our own. Years missed when we don’t find God early. We find ourselves always tagging along. When we do not spend time with God to understand our purpose and knowing God for ourselves, we end up walking in the path of another’s. Pastor Clem used to encourage the youth to strive to know the area of their gifting early and focus on that area through studying so they do not end up doing a course that is chosen by their guardian for them. If they do not know the area to go or what course to do then others will fill in that blank space for them. My prayer is that this will not be the portion of our children in Jesus name. Our children will know God early and for themselves in Jesus name.
• Wasted years through living in disobedience
So in the case of the Israelites we note that because of their disobedience and rebelliousness, God was not happy with them and as a result, one of the consequences was that God delayed them from entering into the promised land. God had to ensure that those men that had committed the evil had died and it took them 40 years before the plan of God for the Nation of Israel was fulfilled. What a waste!
It is easy for us to condemn the children of Israel but I tell you this same thing is playing out in the lives of many of us children of God. When God wants us to take a path and we disobey or allow the voices of the world to override the voice of God, what do we think will happen. Of course, the gentle voice of the Holy Sprit will let you be as you are the owner of your will and He cannot override your will. We also know that until our obedience is full in one instruction, God will not give another. So in our journey through the plan and purpose of God in our life when He gives an instruction by the Holy Spirit to take a step in a particular direction, we ought to obey and follow until our obedience is full over the first instruction then He gives another instruction. However, when we disobey or misunderstand his direction, we will find ourselves missing that season, or loosing time before we can realign. If you think I am joking go and ask Moses.
The Bible says in Gen 15:13 13
"Then He said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years.
But in Exodus 12: 40
Now the sojourn of the children of Israel who lived in Egypt was four hundred and thirty years. 41And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years—on that very same day—it came to pass that all the armies of the LORD went out from the land of Egypt.
So what happened! The leader, the appointed person by God to lead them out of Israel was not ready! 30 wasted years! This tells me that during my wasted years, there are people that might be affected as a result of living in disobedience. It could be our parents, our children, our family members, or anyone that Gods want you to preach to. That person that will run with the God given word that will proceed from your mouth. My prayer for us is that we repent and realign ourselves before it is too late In Jesus name Amen.
“So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, The crawling locust, The consuming locust, And the chewing locust, My great army which I sent among you. 26 You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, And praise the name of the LORD your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you; And My people shall never be put to shame. 27 Then you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel: I am the LORD your God And there is no other. My people shall never be put to shame."
Caution! This Promise of God must not only be claimed but must be walked out in our lives.
Luke 15:11-32 Jesus gave us an example of how wasted years can be reclaimed in the parable of the Prodigal son. When the son came to his senses, he repented, and asked for forgiveness and was then re-instated into the family. What happened, all the lost years were regained!
• Go back to God
Use your wasted years as a reminder to trust God and be patient while you prayerfully wait on Him.
"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
So you see Gods promise in this wise, is that we will become Perfect! In the end. – For example, sometimes God takes things from us, so that tomorrow you will not beg because in the end you will gain more- Look at the story of Job 1: 8-12.
• During this time increase your level of discernment
Mathew 13:25 says while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way
You see we can miss opportunity and loose years because we are unable to discern. Remember, to discern, is the work that the Holy Spirit has expertise in. When we rely on Him, our tentacles will be every alert and able to know the right way to follow to fulfil Gods plan.
• Negligence / carelessness
In Rev 3:11. 11 [h]Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown
• Seek Knowledge
Psalm 82:5-7 "5 They do not know, nor do they understand; They walk about in darkness; All the foundations of the earth are unstable. 6 I said, “You are gods, And all of you are children of the Most High. 7 But you shall die like men, And fall like one of the princes.”
Prov. 11:9 – The hypocrite with his mouth destroys his neighbour, But through knowledge the righteous will be delivered.
We are not fools in Jesus name, Amen. You see, in this kingdom, our knowledge in God is gained through hunger and passion. Mathew 5:6 say that Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.
"Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. 2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the LORD will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you. 3 The Gentiles shall come to your light, And kings to the brightness of your rising."
The light here represent Gods knowledge. It is the knowledge that you have in you that will cause people to come to you, employ you, give you rewards, invite you to minister, invite you to palaces, why because they want to glean from what you have – knowledge!
8 “Or what woman, having ten silver [c]coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she has found it, she calls her friends and neighbours together, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the piece which I lost!’ 10 Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
See what happened here, I like the attitude of this woman and it is the same when we are searching for knowledge. Brethren, to succeed in this life we have to be resolved to fight ignorance as if we are fight Satan. The bible says that is the Prov. 25:2 - It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.
• Abuse and misuse.
Therefore, to avoid wasted years or even if we have gone through one and waiting on God for the next instruction we need to be wary and ensure that whatever God puts in our hands are used in accordance to his blue print.
Wednesday, August 17 2022
Contributor: Isekhua Evborokhai
INTRODUCTION: There is a very interesting quote that stands true today: “The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world that he did not exist.”
Today’s study is to serve as a reminder of the consequences of ignorance as well as serve as a deterrent. Because, truly, ignorance is very costly!
CASE STUDY: ESAU
From this scripture we discover a couple of ignorant statements and actions Esau made that facilitated him losing his birthright and consequently, his blessing as the firstborn son!
First, he was ignorant about the value of his birthright so he treated it with levity;
Secondly, he showed contempt for his rights as the firstborn Genesis 25: 34
In Genesis 27:36 we see him exposing his ignorance even further . . .
THE DEVICES OF THE DEVIL
• He infects people with the Itching Ear Syndrome.
• He injects false prophets in the circle of Believers.
• He sets traps for the ignorant.
CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORANCE
The seeds of ignorance can give rise to the following:
Destruction: Hosea 4:6 “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me. And since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.”
Straying from One’s Path in Life: Proverbs 19:2 “Desire without knowledge is not good, and whoever makes haste with his feet misses his way.”
Derailment and Loss: Isaiah 5:13 “Therefore My people go into exile for their lack of knowledge; and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude is parched with thirst.
Death: Job 36:12 “But if they do not hear, they shall perish by the sword and they will die without knowledge.”
What we all need is for the Holy Spirit’s guidance into our purpose in life and to accomplish it before we go back to our Maker. Acts 13:36 says: “Now when David had served God’s purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his ancestors and his body decayed.
Psalm 119:105 “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” This tells us that it is the Word of God that guides our path. God’s word brings light to paths
Prov. 4:18 (AMP) says:
2 Peter 3:14-17 says
To be on one’s guard is to be aware! 1 Peter 5:8 entreats us to be sober, and vigilant; because our adversary is seeking whom he may devour. So turn away from ignorance and be filled with the knowledge of His will (Col. 1:9b) says: “We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives
To be filled with the knowledge of His will implies you will continually walk in His purpose for your life! Ignorance is not bliss! But knowledge will bring you to a place of fulfilment